Regrouping in January

For the last 34 years I've been a somewhat obsessed Bowie fan. So, on Sunday evening on January 10th, at 11pm when I found out that David Bowie passed away I was in shock. He had just released a new album two days prior on his 69th birthday. This was unreal. It was strange for me to feel so sad over someone that I had never actually met. But in some way, he felt like such a real part of my life. I know all of his music like the back of my hand. I've watched countless videos, TV appearances and interviews. I saw him in concert three different times. As a teenager my walls and ceiling were covered in Bowie posters. So, it can't be all that strange that I was devastated by this news. 
David Bowie was the reason I chose to pursue my art. He was the reason I wanted to be a more well-read person. More cultured. He's the reason I left my small town home and experienced life. I owe a lot to Mr. Bowie.
I think I may have even thought he was, somehow, immortal. He just didn't seem like the sort of person who could die. 
David Bowie is gone. But his influence will continue to exist in my life. His music and all of his different forms of art will always be with me. Such a brilliant and creative man!


I do have a new series of paintings inspired by his last album that I am working on. Looking forward to getting these done.

I picked up my pieces from the Jacobs Gallery this week. I will be posting these for sale on my etsy shop. you can check it out here.

Now that I've been working for a while in such a small format I'm ready to move back onto larger canvases. This will require me to do some very necessary reorganization and cleaning in my studio. Ugh. This is not my favorite task but it must be done.

Post Traumatic Conclusion  Acrylic on panel 12x12

Pathogen Landscape Acrylic on panel 12x12

The Useless Fountain Acrylic on panel 12x12

The Tender Formation acrylic on panel 12x12

There are six more pieces in a 6x6 format. Those will also be posted in my Etsy shop at some point in the next couple of days. 

In addition to working on my new larger paintings I'm working on another linocut to be printed in a week so. I'm pretty excited to see this one printed. I'm still working with my Jackrabbits series and I keep finding more ideas to execute. I would like to move on from linocuts after this last one though.


After this I would like to work with more mono prints, drypoints and some etching. I'm really looking forward to exploring more printmaking options.




Comments