Stealing time

My schedule is so chaotic. There has been very little time for painting. Still I manage to squeeze in some time. I've also been studying other artists. Refueling my creative reserves if you will.


This piece is still coming along very slowly. I've had some battles trying to define the back ground. Deciding I may not like the long rectangular shape in the foreground. Making new adjustments. I've been writing a lot about my pieces as I work on them. I've found that helps me make better decisions on what I'm doing. 



This is the terrible plein air watercolor I did a couple of weeks ago. I brought it home and started adding to it. Its starting to get there but I may end up doing some collage over it. This was a very good exercise for me. Yes, it was not my best painting but I learned a lot in the process. Forever the student.



Working on another landscape. This is the under painting. A process I almost completely stopped doing as I started doing abstract. I'm glad I'm going back to this. I can't wait to see where this painting goes. 

I don't feel like I'm going to create major masterpieces any time soon but I'm really enjoying this time to explore new and old techniques. Flexing my art muscles and pushing my boundaries. 


Comments

Post a Comment