Back in the Studio

I'm really having a hard time giving up art. I don't really want to but I feel like I need to use my time more efficiently. Do more family things. Work in the yard more. Maybe even clean the house occasionally. Once I pick up the paintbrush I have such a hard time putting it down. I want to paint for hours. And I did. All day Saturday. From very early in the morning until late into the night with sporactic breaks to fix meals for the family or pull a few weeds whenever the rain stopped. 


Beginning a new piece


This piece has a whole story behind it that is mostly an inside joke between my niece and I. This will be her birthday present  when it is complete. 


Rooster with a shiv

And the this is the mess I create when I start an idea collage board for my next painting. I pull out my collection of paper scraps, old paintings on paper, newspaper clippings, old maps, whatever I might have to make a collage that I can use as a jump off point for a new painting. I didn't get very far with this collage board because I decided it was time to purge some of these papers. This collection is just getting way out of hand. 



what a mess


I find myself looking at alot of art these days. Trying to find other inspiration and simply learning about how other artists work. So, the painting sometimes takes a backseat to websurfing and pouring over my artbooks. 

This is how my summer is going so far. I'm enjoying it and hoping to learn more as the summer goes on.

Comments