A New Printmaking Studio for Eugene, Oregon.

So, we are opening a new printmaking studio very soon in Eugene. It will be called Whiteaker Printamkers and they should have their own website by now. I am so excited by this new addition to the Eugene  art scene. I've been wanting a place to be able to do printmaking after getting my degree in printmaking at Sonoma State University in 1996. I've been  mostly painting since getting my degree as it is hard to get access to presses, acid bathes, etc. Whiteaker Printmakers will be offering that to me now! I am so happy to have someone local willing to take this project on and make a studio available to the community. They will be accepting some scholarships being offered through The Wateshed Arts Foundation allowing some people that are not able to afford regular membership fees to still be members. Eugene will be a thriving arts community in the near future. I do believe this. There are enough artists in this area that are trying make this happen. It has been a long time but I would like to see the visual arts thrive here as well.


Comments