Resurfacing 8 Months Later


I've been gone. In so many ways. I took time off from my life so that I could find happiness again. Almost like starting over from scratch. This was almost a breakdown but not quite. I made drastic changes quickly as I began to recognize where I was going.
Now I feel like I'm surfacing again. No longer drowning. So, it seems like a good time to get back into the game. I'm gearing up for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge that I participate in every September. I'm really looking forward to it. 
I'm researching and reading and viewing and listening and breathing. 
And so much thinking. 
So much. 
I'm maybe a bit off my rocker but I'm owning and using it to my advantage. 
With this challenge I've decided to work in oils instead of acrylics. It has been a very long time and I miss it. 
I'm undecided on  a theme at this time but I'm working on it. I'm undecided on what size canvas I will work on.  But I am very eager to jump right in. So here is one of my test pieces. I'm still getting used to the paint but I feel like I'm coming home now.


New Beginning

Comments