Do it over and over and over....

The one thing I keep reminding myself to do is practice, practice, practice. It is so easy to get frustrated with my daily work. But if I keep practicing those skills I can only get better. I especially have to remind myself of this for drawing. I don't draw that much anymore. I keep saying I will do more drawing but then I don't. I 've been attending this weekly drawing group for the last month. It has been good for me to be inspired to draw and to keep working on my somewhat rusty skills. 


The drawing below is my attempt to work on darks and lights, to pay attention to the light source and to vary my line quality. My perspective is rather skewed which is something I tend to do. But I don't want to fix it. I end up liking the warped perspective better than a realistic representation. This week I will make an effort to do more drawings. 


I have two other painting projects in the works right now. There is a lot on my plate and I also have to plan for a trip to Florida in a week and a half. I'm terrified of flying and I'm trying really hard not to think about it. I don't know how to approach this phobia. I could get really drunk but I will have my 13 year old daughter with me and I really don't want to miss connecting flights so I'm thinking that is not the solution. I really don't want to have a panic attack on the plane though. If anyone has any advice on this issue I would love some feedback.

Comments