Latest painting


This is the first in a series of boat paintings i'm doing. I hope to finish the others over the weekend. They are only 5"x5". I'm really enjoying this experience and hope to get these paintings into a show. Fingers crossed. 

As far as the daily drawing idea is going I have been  bound up in other duties and illness. My throat still hurts! Its ridiculous. one week and a half and i'm fighting with this serious pain. not just an irritation but straight out hurt. I'm not happy with this at all. 

I'm also in a book club and right now we are reading Jacob's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks.We meet in two days to discuss this book that I'm only half way through.  It is not a book I would have picked to read on my own but I did find it interesting. The history does make me cringe a bit. It is set in the 1600s on Martha's Vineyard where missionaries try to convert the local "salvages". I know this is part of our history in the U.S. but I also hate it. the inability to accept others' way of thinking and the puritan way of life. It all makes me cringe. The way women were treated in that life. It all makes me angry even though it was all so far long ago. Maybe because there are still those that hold onto those narrowminded ways. It was SOO long ago but there are still people that think that is the way things should be. I cannot relate in any way. 

Now that I'm almost done with most of my deadlines I think I can focus on my daily drawings. So they will start tomorrow, Wednesday, November 2oth. Yikes! I just realized my birthday is only 3 days away. Why! oh Why!!



Comments