So this was my 4th of July




Since I really don't get the day off paid I should have gone to work but I really needed a sanity day. So I got up early and started painting. Between cups of coffee (lots) and texting friends about my different stages of painting I did all of this.

I have not been doing much painting. I've been drawing in spare moments but I really haven't had much time for much artwork. I'm battling some health issues and find myself inert on the couch when I'm not working or driving from soccer event to soccer event.

So with this whole day off I found myself buried deep in my studio. I went in at 9am and came out around 5pm when I found myself overwhelmed by color. My eyeballs were saturated to the point of making me feel slightly ill like watching Moulin Rouge while having the stomach flu.

Now that I've discovered a foundation for these paintings it is time to unify the colors and start to tell the stories. Each piece has its own story and I've been trying to extract those stories in a way that is satisfying to me.

Today I will be going to look at other art in my community and hopefully will find time to work on these pieces again. I'm struggling. I know that I may never get to a place where I can make a living off of my art. I know I have a long way to go. But I can't seem to stop. When my counselor says to simply my life I cannot imagine where to start. Art seems like a place to cut back because it takes me away from my family and it does not pay the bills like my day job. But for some reason I can't stop.

Comments