If I Were Brave

An Old Drawing. Makes me want to get back to figurative work.


Today is the deadline for the Sketchbook Project and I have not even come close to completing it. That's okay. It won't go on the tour but I can still send it in and have it be a part of the library.

Life has been busy and weird. No other words for it. I've been doing a lot of yoga, reading, sleeping and drinking a lot of tea when I get a chance.

Hibernating maybe.

My skin feels like I spread elmer's glue all over it and let it dry. It keeps peeling away but each day there is a new layer of elmer's glue.

I'm hyper aware of every discomfort in my body.  And in my mind.

I'm overreacting to things.

I'm out of balance.

So, I'm slowing down again and breaking my obsession for awhile. I do get obsessed when I paint. Sometimes its good and sometimes really not good.
______________________________________________________________________________

Okay now for art questions! I found these on someone else's blog. I don't remember who's. It was a while ago.


 Do you ever think about giving up artmaking? 

I always think about giving up artmaking. It would make my life way easier. More time for everything else in my life that I can't quit.
. What keeps you from doing so?

I'm not sure what it is. Hard to put into words. I can't stop. Its an addiction for me? I'm not sure that is even it. I don't know.
. Have you ever gone for a long period without making art?
I did give up art for a few years when I had my children and was working full time. I didn't have the best space for it and absolutely time with babies to take care of.
. What made you come back?

I don't know. I just needed to.  I think it has to do with not feeling like I fit into any particular social clique. I was not your typical suburban mom. I didn't fit into the office life at all. I was not Melrose Place. Making art made me feel like I was where I really belonged. Hidden away in my space doing my thing.
. Have you given it up and not looked back?

I can't imagine. I've never done that and I will probably never do that. 
. Or do you look back with longing?

Always with longing. Right now as I try to scale back on all the things in my life I look at it with longing. Hence my daydreaming of paintings while I'm at work.  Just escapism.

Comments