Sketchbook Project page 1-

Maybe someday I will have a smart phone and be able to take decent pictures with it. Currently my unsmart phone does not take great pictures. 

I finally started working on my sketchbook project. I wasn't sure I was going to do it but now I am. Its due at the end of this month though. That means a lot of working as this is only page one. I do this to myself all the time. 

I really like working this way. The sketchbook is pretty cheap but I gessoed the pages and started working with ink, watercolor, pencil and fluid acrylics. Its very loose. Not sure if I will keep it this way or actually use it as backgrounds for imagery. 





This project is perfect for me right now because I can work on it in the house instead of the garage/studio where its really, really cold. I have not felt inclined to go out there much since finishing up my submission work. I still have a lot of paintings that need to be finished but I'm choosing to be a wimp about the cold and stay inside. The Sketchbook is my compromise.


Comments

  1. Hey sarah,
    i saw your comment about the newspaper. i'll find the post and link to it in my next post. if i went crazy and deleted it, i'll post it again.. i like working on the thickened newspapers too. you'll dig it.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks, Amy. I have yes paste but I'm interested in the crinkly and lumpy texture the modpodge will create so I will go and buy some today. I'm excited now! You rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment