Heavy....


Wow, my last post was kind of heavy. I guess its appropriate. I think about political things when doing my artwork but I no longer make my work heavily political/social like I did in college.  I don't want to be a debbie-downer and I don't really want to turn this into a political blog. I don't want to tell people how they should think. Well, mostly. Sometimes my frustration gets the better of me. I'm sorry for my soapbox last week. Just all this "Occupy" stuff had me thinking. Along with Veteran's day. *sigh* Let it go.

Ok, so I went to the coast this weekend and did absolutely no artwork. I did take some pics though. I took my daughter to the aquarium and we loved the exhibits. Like this one above. I felt like this guy was telling me to come close so he could tell me a big secret.  

But we did not like the snake ones.  I'm not really afraid of snakes but they make my skin crawl so bad that I have to avert my eyes. And my daughter is afraid of them so we had to powerhouse by. My daughter also did not like the larger crab exhibits. Because its kind of like a dog-size spider I guess. I thought that exhibit was way cool though. The crabs don't bother me like the snakes. 

We stayed in an old vacation rental beach house. It had the most amazing view. It was definitely rustic but so worth it to have beach access, great views and so much space.  I went with my daughter, a friend of mine and her daughter. We spent the weekend just hanging out on the beach, reading and watching movies and gazing at the view from the living room. I want to go back. But I want to go back alone. I love taking these kind of vacations alone and really found myself wishing I was there alone to enjoy the peace and solitude.

But...... but! I had a moment that was kind of haunting/scary-as-hell-like. I had just finished The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters and I went into my bedroom to sleep for the night when I got a bit of a chill. Well, its cold on the coast. Windy and rainy. The rain was blowing against the window making a crazy racket. I was looking into closets and drawers for extra blankets because every time I plugged the heater in and turned it on it would blow a fuse in the house so we decided it wasn't worth it. I opened a small drawer (not because I was expecting to find a tiny blanket in that drawer but because I am nosey) and came across an envelope addressed to "Zoey". It had a huge blood smear across the name. I opened it, of course. I am nosey, after all. Inside there were some pictures of a young lady with dyed red hair and multiple face piercings and a young man. Like they were about to go out on the town. There was a note inside that said "You had better hold onto these photos for a long time. You might need them to remember me by." There were blood smears on the note as well. 

Guess who could not sleep that night? From fear of being in a haunted room. Like maybe someone killed them self? I know! Disturbing. That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't really believe in ghosts or spirits or any of that but dang! My mind was spinning from the book I'd just read and I kept thinking about that ominous note with the blood smears. Uck! Did Zoey ever get that note?

Okay, enough of that creepy stuff. I will go work on some paintings now. I just felt like I should post something here. Don't freak out! Ghosts aren't real! It was my imagination going wild! I swear.

Comments

  1. That note is the coolest thing ever! Did you take it home? I want to see Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered taking it home and scanning it to go along with my story. But somehow it felt wrong. Like I was invoking the ghost of whoever if I did that. I 'd rather leave that ghost at the coast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment