Not Sleeping

And the sleep thing.... its a tricky one.    I told you.   I know I have to get up at middle of the night o'clock and I can't fall asleep.   I didn't take a nap today.   I worked out.   I kept moving all day.   So why does my brain not want to shut off?
I could go out to the studio and paint.  I'd totally do it in my nightgown and everything.  But once I start that up there's no way I will wind down and sleep.
Grrr.
Random thought:  At my daughter's soccer practice tonight a pigeon flew right into the middle of our group of parents and just hung out with us. I think it was actually someone's pet. It looked to clean and healthy to be a street pigeon. We don't have that many street pigeons in our neighborhood anyway. And it was not afraid of people at all.

Art things because I told you if you wanted to know about art related things you would want to come to the blog.  


I cannot sit around and wait for inspiration to hit. I need to cultivate inspiration. That has been my lesson for the week. I have not technically been painting but I've been researching. I'm learning about new things that will become the subject matter of my artwork. And when it has been too hot to breathe in the studio this past week I've been working on some self portrait sketches. I have not drawn myself in a long time. I don't like to take pictures of myself and I don't look at myself too much anymore. It made me think about all the ways in which I ignore myself and now my latest project is a series of self portraits. I will document these portraits soon though. Promise you.


Okay. I might try to go to sleep again. Cross your fingers....




Okay. I just added this old picture of me fake-sleeping. I'm hoping it will convince my brain that its time to sleep. (I don't look that young anymore in case you were wondering.)

Comments

  1. well friend, i'll tell you a story to go with your pigeon one.

    a few years ago i was eating out on my patio with my friend pat. a fucking bird kept like divebombing her - landing on the back of her chair. It was totally brightly colored and you could tell it was from a pet shop - like seriously someone's pet. The little bastard was zooming all around our delicious dinner and making us laugh really hard, but also! it was nasty because who the hell isn't afraid of birds (okay, maybe just i am). but anyway, pat eventually went home and i saw that crazy ass bird on and off all summer that year.
    then i moved.

    beats me where the damn bird is now.

    true story.

    xx,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story. I'm only afraid of birds if they swoop down at me. That is just too freaky. Especially seagulls. I really don't like seagulls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment