Newish things.


I've finally submitted work to a show. I'm not feeling that hopeful. I still feel like these pieces are not complete. Missing something. But at least I submitted something. I need to get the ball rolling and this is a start.

Now I have the opportunity to start a new series. I'm jotting down ideas. I will be going to the First Friday Artwalk here in Eugene tomorrow. I'm hope to find some new inspiration.

I've been feeling sorry for myself for not having heat in my studio. What I've found, though, is whenever I sit down with my sketchbook in the toasty living room all I want to do is sleep or read. I'm starting to feel like its probably a good thing the studio is chilly. The cool air is keeping me moving. Its somehow invigorating.

Now I think I will go look at some art books. I've been thinking a lot about Marc Chagall. I might need to look at his work again. I'd also like to do some reading.

Happy December!

Comments

Post a Comment