Manic

I have been working a lot in the studio.  I can't seem to stop.  I have 4 paintings in progress as well as a few smaller pieces for mailing to friends.  I've gone almost completely abstract now. Its fairly new to me although as I look through some of my older work I realize I've always toyed with the idea a bit. I've been working on a series in oranges and reds with white glazes.  I'm really focusing on building up layers in the foundation of my paintings. Starting with collaging and then layering paint and texture over that. I've become a bit obsessed. 
I look forward to summer where I have a bit more freedom with the kids being out of school.  Less commitments in the summer. The weather has warmed up a bit and although its still cloudy and rainy I don't mind it much as long as I can open the garage door and get fresh air into my studio. I've set up an old turntable out there and I'm thinking of picking up some LPs somewhere so I have some music as well.  I've been listening to my ipod nonstop but I don't like to be completely plugged in to my headphones all the time. I like feeling a part of the world as it is now and somehow having headphones on makes me feel disconnected. 
Music has always been a huge part of my creative process. I always have music going.  It gives me energy and helps me to find that space I need to be in to create.  I often pull ideas from my music. Sometimes a lyric will jump out at me and I realize I need to paint something about that lyric. This is the way I've always worked. 
I'm working on a way to get my images posted once again. I have been tech challenged for quite some time now and its very frustrating. I would really like to get images of my work up again but that will come eventually. Have patience.

Comments