Printmaking studio in Eugene is happening!

So, again. I have been very busy.  A lot of meetings and setting up of a printmaking studio here in Eugene. It is very exciting. We had an open house last weekend and had a great turnout. The studio is currently in the process of finding a new name. It has been temporarily called Eugene Printmakers but we are working on changing it currently for various reasons.



This weekend we will have another opening to the public from 10am to 1pm. I do hope we have as good a turnout as we did last weekend. One of the most exciting things about this studio is the recent acquirement of an extra large press. The bed is 4 feet by 8 feet in size. That is a very large print capacity. It was acquired from Margaret Prentice who is a well-known printmaker in the Eugene area.
I, for one, cannot wait to be making large prints on this press. So many possibilities!

I've slowed down a bit on my artmaking. I'm still painting when I can but it is definitely not on schedule as I had planned. I did finish this painting last month.


And this is a handworked monotype below..

I have a few other paintings in the works but it has been slow. Once the printmaking studio is going and I'm a member I hope to being pumping out a lot of prints. This is very exciting news!

At this time I will sign off and wish everyone a wonderful weekend! The weather has been pretty mild for March in Eugene. We are taking advantage of it.



Comments