Top - 10 Tuesday - Eugene Favorites

I often look for places to hang out while working on my artwork, reading or reading. I love to be out in public while being anonymous. In the last few years in Eugene I discovered some places that I really enjoy being while doing these things. Here's my list of favorite places:

1. Theo's Coffee house - They share a large meeting space with The Edsell Pizzeria and Cosmic performance stage. Its a very relaxed atmosphere with a lot of seating and good music. And the coffee is amazing.

2.  Perugino's Winebar - This place has  great atmosphere, delicious food and a decent selection of wine by the glass to relax with while I draw or read.

3. Los Dos Amigos - this is a pretty good mexican restaurant with tasty margaritas and good nachos. I prefer to go here in the off hours between lunch and dinner while it is quiet.

4. The Vintage - This is a great restaurant. Really good food. Excellent drinks and a great atmosphere. The only downside is that the service can be rather slow. I have to be prepared to wait a while but find it worth the wait.

5. Wandering Goat coffee - I've had not so great luck with the coffee here but like how laid back it is.

6. B2 Winebar - this is one of the few places on my side of town that is really nice to go. They have a great selection of wines and a really nice atmosphere. The food is pretty goo also.

7. Skinner Butte - The smaller butte in town with a lovely view of the town. Can be very peaceful but often too many people there.

8. Delta Ponds - This is a protected wildlife area also on my side of town with a great walking path and some lovely views for painting.

9. Poppi's Anatolia - My favorite restaurant in town! I love this place. The food is so good every time and they offer the greek wine, Retsina. I enjoy its relaxed atmosphere and feel comfortable drawing there as well while snacking on a hummus plate.

10. Cornucopia - Again great food (Eugene really does have many great restaurants) but also a relaxing environment for drawing and enjoying a pint of cider.

Those are my top ten for this week. They may be subject to change but these have held true for some time now.

Comments