Post Florida Post

I am back from my vacation in Florida. I never thought I would ever really want to go to Florida but my sister-in-law lives there. I haven't seen her in quite some time and really wanted to visit her. She has small children and they grow so fast. I didn't want to miss that.
I don't like to fly. I don't like really hot weather. I don't like rude drivers. All these things had to be encountered to have this vacation.
What a great trip it was! I am so glad I went. Florida has such a diverse population. I enjoyed that. I enjoyed the balmy evenings on the back patio drinking wine and getting philosophical. I enjoyed the day on the beach (even though it resulted in a horrible sunburn). We dined twice in this wonderful little british pub called The Blue Anchor.  They had a great selection of authentic british pub food and a great selection of ales and ciders. We went to the Green Cay Wetlands and witnessed an amazing variety of Floridian birds as well as an alligator. My niece and nephew were so adorable and charming as well. I really enjoyed getting to spend time with them and experience their personalities at this age.
Having said all that I do know I would not want to live there. I'm a west coast girl in the end. I missed my Oregon. I was thankful to come out of the Eugene airport feeling the cool, rainy breeze against my sunburnt skin.
A good friend of mine said he couldn't wait to see how this trip would effect my artwork. I'm sure it will on some level. I did not touch my sketchbook on that trip. Very unusual for me but I didn't once have the urge. I did photograph things that gave me ideas, textures, colors, weird and random scenes. I'm brewing something up in the back of my mind but it hasn't surfaced quite yet.


Comments