Last Day of November

Its Friday. And I'm very pleased by this. I am looking forward to a weekend of painting. Lots of painting. I can't wait to work away on the 4 pieces I have in progress. I'm also brewing a new idea for a new series of paintings. Can't decide if I want to work in acrylics or oils and encaustic.



I'm hoping to finish this piece this weekend. It has been a slow process. I'm teaching myself encaustics and I'm learning a lot through trial and error. It has been awhile since I've added figures to my abstract pieces. I'm kind of excited about this.

This next piece is really just experimentation. I'm working on a substrate that I learned to make from Amy McDonald, using newspaper and Modpodge. I love the bumpy texture of the surface. I know this looks a bit morbid. I was also inspired by a series of paintings my sister did on Blood. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Its mostly playing around while I wait for layers to dry on other paintings I'm working on.





Detail of the piece above.


In other news:  I'm reading a Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. I've never read anything by him before. Its a very melancholy book. I'm kind of in that place right now and I'm enjoying it. 

I picked up a free sampler of classical music from Emusic. I'm really enjoying that right now. December always feels classical or bluesy to me, depending on the time of the day.

Oh and I found this picture and I love it. Lana Del Rey has a lovely voice.


When I get together with a group of my more conservative friends I often make this face in group shots. Just because I like to emphasize how different I am from them I guess. They love it. I love that Lana is doing the exact same thing in this photo.

Have a fabulous weekend!


Comments