Oregon Autumn


So technically it is not Winter yet. But its hard to tell the difference sometimes in Oregon. But today was definitely an autumn day. Beautiful. So sunny. Blue skies and clear but with the naked, twisted branches still silhouetted against it all. A few trees still have the oranges, reds and yellows of early Autumn but they are in the minority now. I might be channeling this Oregon energy in my latest painting. Or I might be channeling something else altogether.

Sometimes the Winter sky can be so white. So white and cold and present. And it makes me feel so helpless. It presses its icy coldness down on us as we go about our lives. I wonder at the people who don't notice it. How do they continue sometimes?

Those days were here and will be here again but for now I am thankful for the blue in the sky. I'm thankful for the pale yellow sun straining to warm our piece of the world.

Comments