Art day with my friend.

I took a half day off from work yesterday to have some quality art time with my friend, Heather in her studio. Its so nice to have another artist to create with. I really enjoyed hanging out with her and talking about all things artsy and some thing totally not artsy but interesting anyway.






The hardest part of going to someone else's studio is deciding what to bring. I narrowed it down to these few things.




This is my first piece. Not complete. But it was fun to work on. I really wanted to work with calmer colors than I usually do.  Then it started to look comical so I just went with that. And now I have my Awkward Ostrich piece. Its silly, I know. But I had fun. So there. Also, I sent it to my good friend in SoCal and it gave him the opportunity to send me a hilarious pic of him with pink cotton candy hair. Making him look like a troll doll. My laugh for the day. I would totally post it of him here but he is a private person and would not appreciate it I think.



This is the last piece I worked on. Its coming along. Mostly a lot of acrylic washes and then I layered clear gesso over the washes so I could draw with pencil. The clear gesso allows the washes to show through but gives the surface a nice texture to allow drawing with graphite. I'm enjoying the drawing process again. Graphite and acrylic washes are my new favorite things. I'm happy again.

Comments