From Manic To Mindful

Landscape study based on art by Felix Vallotton.



I find myself floundering in process and not stepping back to see the whole picture. I have so many things on my mind lately that I feel like I have no room for my painting. I keep zeroing in on the small things. Nothing feels cohesive.

"My brain hurt like a warehouse. It had no room to spare. I had to cram so many things to store everything in there." - Five Years - David Bowie

So, now that my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is over I can step back and take a breath. Chill out and focus once again on what I want to say in my work. The challenge was good in that I established a good working routine. I have many canvases started and many ideas half-realized. Now I can stop and ruminate on what I have going on and how to make some of these paintings be part of a cohesive body of work.

I have another idea for a body of work to get onto my Etsy shop soon. These will be small works on paper. Affordable pieces that might make easy gifts for Christmas.

So, now I look forward to going from manic, mindless work to more focused and purposeful work.

Comments