My latest bit of work




I'm working in oils again.  A little bit. Not completely yet but I'm working my way back. I do love the smell no matter how toxic it may be. I have new ideas forming in my head. Been doing some research and dreaming. A LOT of dreaming. Weird dreaming. Literally dreaming and figuratively dreaming. The following pieces is the base for a new painting I'm working on. I can't wait to have the time to work on it this week. It is supposed to be not so hot this week so I've got my fingers crossed. Just working on this base in the stifling heat of my studio made me a wee bit light headed. More fans are needed I guess.





This piece is waiting to be matted and framed to go on my daughter's wall. Its no really purple in tone. That is just the weird lighting I got in my studio for some reason. 






This piece is still in transition. I hope it works out. I think I've taken it too far again. Dang







This is another base of a new painting. This one is acrylic. I'm playing around with different types of acrylic mediums just to see what I can do. This one has a long way to go. A bit drab really.





I was sitting in my studio looking  at all the junk I've accumulated and decided to do some clearing out. I have stacks and stacks of papers and random crap but I find it hard to toss it all away. So I started a collage. Maybe I will start a bunch like these and then see where they take me. At least all that paper is getting used. 




Okay, now I'm annoyed because I totally rotated this picture in iphoto and now its back to its original sideways orientation. Annoying! I'm working on a bunch of images of my grandmother and great grandmother when they were young. This was my first sketch of my Great Grandmother Dustin. It has been a long time since I've drawn from photos. I know why now. Its rather tedious. But I think its good to go back and revisit these skills.




So, today I took the day off from work since my kids have appointments right in the middle of the day. It seemed like a good idea to just take the day off. I do enjoy being home. I managed to get a few things done around the house. I have to prep for my art class I'm teaching tomorrow and I was able to post on this blog. Yay for days off! I wish I had more of them.

Comments