Anxiety

I am doing it wrong
I am doing it right ... too right
I am not doing it
I should be doing it
I did it at the wrong time
I shouldn't have done it
I don't want to do it
I won't do it
I am done

Dark
Quiet
Missing
Empty
Lost
Shaky
Afraid
Sweaty
Uncertain
Cautious
I'm done

I'm working on a show about Collective Anxiety. I'm exploring the idea that we all have so much more anxiety in our lives since the 90s. In particular, those of us with children struggle with anxiety. This uncertain future that we are handing to them is making us a bit guilty inside. A bit worried we are not going to guarantee that they will have a future. I am collecting stories on this subject and will be putting out a poll soon to get additional information. Anyone out there reading my blog is welcome to share stories, feelings and ideas with me here or in private.




Comments