Printmaking, summer in Oregon and tree roots


I'm going back into the studio tomorrow. I've been busy with some temp jobs and yard work and summer setbacks.
Also, Oregon is so amazingly beautiful this time of year I've been getting out and exploring. Seriously, love this state.

I plan on working on more monoprints tomorrow. Sometime next week I will start some actual etchings in copper. 

Also, I started a few more paintings.

Focus! FOCUS! I'm not good at that. I want to do everything all at once.

So, I will try to get back on schedule and post weekly updates. I like to show my progress and I haven't done much of that lately. 

Facebook, twitter and instagram is where everything has been going. Fast and easy. 

Last year I had a huge fir tree taken down in my back yard because the neighbors were complaining about it. It was right in the corner of the property and too close to the fence. And now we are trying to put in a new fence so we've been dealing with the roots that still exist. 
They are so massive that the contractor that came out to look at them said he doesn't think he can remove them either. He explained a lot of things to me but all I could do was stare at the gouge his chainsaw made in the one root and think about printmaking.
 About woodcuts. 
About wood grain and how great it looks when printed. 
About how beautiful the reds of the wood were in that one man made gouge. 
I nodded a lot at what he said but I don't know what he said. 
And that root is still there, halting construction.

Comments