Mindless Monday - Why Does Monday Hurt Sometimes?



I love this painting. I forgot that I love this painting. I left it sitting at ESAP for months. I had intended on picking it up after the show but it got lost in all the detritus of my mind. I finally picked it up today and I am so glad I did.
I forget what art does for me sometimes. It is such a constant part of my life now that I sometimes treat it like a spouse. Sometimes it is so demanding. Often it will not bend to my will. But it does take care of me. It nourishes my soul; relaxes my mind. Just looking at it can make my heart sing and stimulate my mind. 
I wonder where I would be now if I had not decided to pursue art. It could have happened. I can't imagine it but it might have been possible. I think I would be crazy now. I'm not saying I'm not now but my crazy could have been the fun kind.

Nonsequitur: This summer I've had itchy spots all over my back. Nothing ever shows up but it still is really itchy. I beg my husband and my kids to scratch my back when its possible. They are somewhat and half-heartedly accommodating but I think I might be a bit insane as I insist there are itchies  back there but there is nothing to indicate this is the situation according to them. I have turned to oatmeal and lavendar baths...with champayne. That seems to help.
I've been working on being vegan. That is a very hard road to travel. I can give up meat pretty easily but cheese taunts me. Just cheese really. I can give up nearly all other dairy products as well as eggs. Cheese wants to be my lover. 
Okay, so that was my Mindless Monday Post. And it felt kind of mindless. So there you go.


Comments