Top-10 Tuesday

So this week I decided I wanted a top 10 list of my favorite things for the week. These are things I find fascinating, delicious, inspiring or exhilarating currently. These things change on a constant basis so this could be a weekly list. Here we go:

1. My new acquired pochade case - I've been wanting to try plein air painting for some time now but never felt like a pochade case was in my budget. I discovered a very reasonably priced one on craigslist a couple of weeks ago and I'm now the proud owner of this painting case. Filled with my few oil colors, brushes, mediums and a couple of canvases I am very excited to do some plein air painting now.

2. Exit Through The Gift Shop
- a documentary on graffiti artists and specifically Thierry Guetta. What he does is pretty impressive but the real draw for me was Banksy, one of the more interesting graffiti artists in my opinion.

3. in season strawberries - now is the time to purchase your strawberries. So delicious and sweet and juicy. Their season is relatively short though so hurry and make sure to get them from a local farm. So much tastier than store bought berries.

4. spring flowers for painting - whether you are arranging a still life or plein air painting. The colors are so pleasing to paint. I hope to get many paintings in before they fade away.

5. 2 Towns Cider - from Corvallis, Oregon. This is my favorite cider regardless but lately I've been into the Sour Cherry cider. So good!

6. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Still my favorite TV show. I don't watch this all the time or anything like that but when I'm looking for a feel good evening I will watch an episode or two. Joss Whedon is my hero.

7. new pixie cut - I'm ready for a change in my hair and this is my next adventure. I might play with the color as well. Haven't decided.

8. Closer (cover by In The Moment) - I loved this song by NIN and really love this cover by In The Moment. this is one of my favorite new bands really. At least for this week.

9. Paradox (pinot gris) by King Estates - favorite white wine for this particularly hot weather. Unusual for Eugene this time of year but at least I can break out the Paradox early.

10. Cezanne - favorite artist of the week. Probably because I'm exploring plein air painting right now and landscapes. I love Cezanne's landscapes.

Comments