What makes me tick?

I honestly don't know what makes me tick. I could get really personal here like I'm lying on a couch spilling my guts but I just don't get myself. I am wacked. So wacked in the brain.

I have so many ideas. So many things I think I understand but when it comes right down to it I have no idea why I act the way I do, why I like the things I do, why I hate the things I do, why I can't ignore all the things in life that make me who I don't want to be.

I keep reading interesting things. I keep painting weird paintings. I keep being attracted to people that are no good for me.

I just paint. paint. paint.

I don't want to be a cliche but when I don't know what I'm doing. I just bury my head and plow along hoping some gems will show themselves.

I'm awkward.

I don't understand social norms or why I can't read them.

I am who I am.

I like to paint and not always what other people want to see.

Maybe I won't ever be famous but I must keep painting what I like or its not worth it.

These are the only truths I know.

I am me.

I keep painting. I feel awkward and unpopular but thats okay. I like what I'm doing and wil continue. Maybe someday someone will like it too and I won't be alone.

But if I am thats okay. It doesn't stop me. It never stops me.

Drawn in 2004. Just before Costa Rica.


Its still August and I've done two blog posts.  Okay then.




Comments