Treading Water

I'm barely able to work on any art right now. I've had to focus on a lot of other things. Life things. Health things. Mom things. When I do make it into the studio I'm kind of lost and frustrated with what I'm doing. So, for now I'm just doing a lot of collage-y backgrounds. Just playing with color, texture and gluing anything down that is within reach. I do like to glue. I can really go overboard on that. 


Detail of one of my backgrounds.


I'm enjoying this process a lot. Although I haven't really started any body of work I will have backgrounds to work from when that time comes.

I've also started to miss reading in a big way. I haven't made time for that at all really. I have a stack of books by my bed that are collecting dust. I got into bed last night and stared at that stack and realized that needs to happen. I want to read.

I keep saying I will give up art for awhile. I almost want that to happen but I keep going into the studio and I can't stop. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I can't seem to find balance between my family life and my art life. But I keep trying.




Comments