Perfect Kiss

I'm thinking I might start titling these posts whatever song I might be listening to at the time I decide to post. That has something to do with whatever my mind might be working on.

Maybe.

I often get feedback on my paintings that tell me that I work in dark themes. I wonder if thats true. I don't always believe that is true but it does make me wonder if I'm just suppressing that idea. Maybe I love dark themes. Well, really I do like dark themes. I like all things goth and I like those dark depressing artsy films and I like those dark, disturbing memoirs I keep reading.

I do embrace that side of my personality. I'm not afraid of it like so many people seem to be.

I don't want to live inside that dark place that is my mind all the time. So I seek comedy and I seek fun and I seek all things lighthearted. But the truth is I am dark. I just am. I don't know why. I don't really hate it either. I'm sorry if people find it uninteresting. Well,  I'm not sorry. I will not apologize for myself. This is who I am. And I think its a very unhealthy symptom of our country to not want to acknowledgment our darker sides. Because it is EVIL. Well, I don't really believe in evil either. Sorry. I'm not sorry though. Again, I pretend to apologize but EVIL is such a Christian idea that I won't buy into. I don't believe people do things for pure evil and I don't want to live in a world or existence where there is true evil. That is just not where I'm willing to reside. Therefore I'm untinterested in judging. People do things for the reasons they feel inside themselves and its not for me to decide if its morally correct. Its none of my business.

Mabye I'm getting off topic. What I mean to say is that I don't feel like my work is dark. I like mystery and I like the murkiness of things but I don't consider that dark or evil. My feelings anyway. I think if people read the darkness into my work they truly don't understand it. Maybe that is arrogance in itself but that is not my intention. I just don't think you get it if you feel like my work is dark.


Comments