The New Year

And now it is a new year and I have to focus on the plans for the following year. I need to be careful and thoughtful.
I want this year to be much more mellow that the last year. Last year was not a bad year but I ended feeling pretty exhausted.
I tend to pick a theme word for the next year and focus on that theme. This year I want to revisit the same words for the previous couple of years. It is a constant process and practice.

Simplify, Breathe, Create, Gratitude

Those are my themes for 2012.

I continue to try to simplify. I have to constantly remind myself I need to breathe. Create is just a word that makes me happy. Gratitude tends to get overlooked too often. There are so many things to be grateful for but sometimes I forget that. I'm trying to focus on that one more this year.

So, Its Monday morning and I'm drinking my Joe's Dark Blend coffee with cream and I'm listening to new mixes of music made by my husband. Mixes of the best albums (according to him) of 2011. Currently I'm listening to a song by Frightened Rabbit called Fuck This Place. I do love this song. So far so good.

He actually made me 3 different mixes. This is the first one:

Song For No One - Alphaville


I 4 U & U 4 Me - The Decemberists


Foregone - The Decemberists


When U Love Somebody - The Decemberists


Scottish Winds - Frightened Rabbit


Fuck This Place - Frightened Rabbit


The Work - Frightened Rabbit


Jesus Came To My Birthday Party - The Middle East


Land of the Bloody Unknown - The Middle East


Hunger Song - The Middle East


Don't Know That Much - Jim Cuddy


Regular Days - Jim Cuddy


I Am Not Ashamed - Ben Salter


Know Your Strength - Ben Salter


West End Girls - Ben Salter


I'm thankful that I have today off from work so I can sit here and listen to music and drink my coffee and write in my blog.

I might even paint today but I make no promises.


Well, I never got around to sending out our holiday cards this year. But maybe I will send them out anyway. This was our card this year. The potato chip man since we have no snow to make a snow man. My daughter made this and I thought it was perfect for our holiday cards.

I hope everyone had an amazing year. Thoughts become things. Life is what you make it. Right?

Comments